Thursday, February 3

Snow Day

We have been in the middle of some phenomenal winter weather. Well, actually, we're on the outer edge of it. There are plenty of people who have been pounded by this storm. Our little neck of the woods actually faired pretty well. All the same, schools have been closed all week, and the university campus where my husband works has been closed for the past three days.

I feel a little selfish enjoying this storm so much. I know a lot of people all over the Midwest are deeply impacted by it, even in danger because of it.

But I can't help it. I love being home as a family, with nothing particularly pressing on our agenda. We have made cookies, played music, danced a little, goofed off a lot. It's heavenly.

Not too long ago, I would have been panicking myself into a deep spiral of anxiety over this sort of weather. Mostly, because my husband used to have a horrid commute. But also because this is the first employment position that pays him for things like "sick days" and "vacation" and even "jury duty". So any day he wasn't clocked on was going to hurt a lot come pay day.

It is such a comforting feeling to have my husband home, to enjoy down time as a family, without the specter of the checkbook looming over our story time, our snack time, or our snuggle time. I am thankful for snow days, particularly when they are underwritten by someone else!

What are you blessed with today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share: