Saturday, January 22

Cuppa Tea

This thankful heart is feeling rather puny. I haven't felt well all day. Nothing smells good, nothing sounds good, I just want to lay in bed and sleep. In fact, I did a lot more than was responsible.  Kudos to my oldest daughter who held everybody together in the food/entertainment department while I just conked. And when my husband got home and was feeling the same way (both sick at the same time!? unfair!), he crawled into bed with me, and we both slept.

Now, it's dinner time, and neither of us is up to cooking, let alone eating. Add that to my snail's pace, it's going to be a long evening. It took me forty-five minutes to get a batch of muffins in the oven for the kids to have something to eat.  I am brewing a cup of very strong peppermint herbal tea. It feels so good to my complaining tummy. Mark is upstairs running "bath night", and I made some for him, too.

Every small thing matters when a person feels this yucky.  I am thankful for peppermint tea.  I am even more thankful for my girl.  God bless her for being Junior Mom while I was down for the count.

What are you blessed with today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share: