Wednesday, January 19

Ready-Made Meal

Early this morning, before I even started in on breakfast, I pulled out my trusty Crockpot, plopped a frozen cut of venison in, dumped a can of beef broth and some Worcestershire sauce on top, turned it on, and walked away. There is a certain amount of peace in knowing that, no matter how rough the rest of the day may be, dinner is accounted for.  An hour before dinner time, we scrubbed potatoes and threw them in the oven.  When they were ready, I pulled out the venison, added two cans of cream of mushroom soup and a teaspoon of pepper, chopped up the venison and tossed it back in.  Baked potatoes and yummy venison gravy for dinner.  Done.

I am thankful for my Crockpot (and for the venison my honey brings home every autumn!).

What are you blessed with today?

1 comment:

Please share: