Saturday, July 2

Guest Post: Nature's Roller Coasters


[From the dear woman behind My Life as Mrs. Goob]

Yesterday my family and I had the pleasure of being invited over for dinner at a friends house. On the way there my husband and I were discussing the things we needed to get done before we leave on an upcoming trip. My stress levels were rising the more we talked and realized the amount of work we had to do in such little time. 

Suddenly, without warning, our 3 year old son let out a high pitched scream. I just about jumped out of my skin!

We look back at him not really sure what to expect. But there he sat with a big grin on his face and his hands in the air. It was then that it dawned on us what he was doing. It's something we've done with the kids for years when travelling the hilly Missouri roads. 

When we see an approaching hill, we pretend to brace ourselves for the fall of the "roller coaster" and as we go down we yell "Weeeee!!" with our hands in the air. It always makes road trips a little more interesting and will keep the toddler entertained for quite awhile. 

I am thankful that my children and husband were able to snap me out of my stress bubble. (My husband joined in on the fun, which is a sight all it's own.)

I am thankful for Nature's roller coasters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share: