Saturday, March 5

Practical Application

Did  you - like me - ever stop and think, "When am I going to need to know THIS?" For me, it was all the time: algebra is what comes to mind first, but also some of those life lessons the Good Lord has assigned to me.

Oh, I know. I am familiar with the concept of "all these things shall be for thy experience, and shall be for thy good." And it's true. I am beginning to get the message.

I'm starting to have more opportunities to apply what I have experienced. It's kind of crazy for me to see it. I feel a bit as if I have been learning all my life, and more than a little surprised to run up against a moment where I can say, "Hey, I know this, I've done that one already. Ooh! Ooh! Pick me! I know!"

Recently, I have had an opportunity to share experiences in a way that was useful to someone else. It felt strange and cool all at the same time. Since when am I the tutorial? I am grateful for the circumstances God has placed in my life, knowing I would need those experiences and lessons later on. I am almost giddy with excitement to share what I know. I am also terrified that I will become even more of a preachy know-it-all than I already am. Even so, I am thankful for practical application.

What are you blessed with today?

1 comment:

  1. Today, my sister was finally married to a man who loves her for who she is, who chose to marry her because of that love. I'm so grateful for the people that God puts into our lives to love and support us!

    ReplyDelete

Please share: