Wednesday, March 2

Option

I am not feeling particularly eloquent tonight. So many things on my mind and on my to-do list. But I think I must say I am thankful for options. 

Choosing is hard for me. The "opportunity cost" always gets me. I have always had limited resources: time, money, energy, whatever. So I agonize and obsess over how to allocate them. It kills me to waste any of it, although I do. All the time. It's usually only in retrospect that I can see it, though.

Still, inside all that agony and obsession, I recognize the blessing. I have options to agonize and obsess about. Choosing means I have a choice. Often, many choices. Like choosing a salad dressing: so many to choose from, yet ultimately only one salad to dress. 

I find it telling that the thesaurus lists "variety" and "abundance" as synonyms for "choice", along with "opportunity" as a synonym for "option". Because I have options to choose from, my life is full of opportunity and abundance. I am grateful for the opportunity - and the liberty! - to choose for myself. I am grateful for options.

What are you blessed with today?

1 comment:

Please share: