Tuesday, March 22

A Chance to Serve

Our friend is in the hospital. She is only eleven, and she will be in the hospital for a while. Everyone is doing all they can to help and support the family. It's hard to know what to do! I know from experience that when someone asks, "What can I do to help?"  it is hard to think of a legitimate answer, right there on the spot. And it's hard to ask for help. So when our friend's mom asked if we could cover the paper routes (they do two), I said yes.

My children were less enthusiastic about the service opportunity. But they helped me anyway. We rolled papers and delivered the first route in less than an hour between us. The second route was put off until the evening, and storm clouds were gathering. We went out to deliver the second route, reading the maps with flashlights, and praying that God would hold off the rain until we were done.

He did. And my four-year-old delivered all of one side of one street by herself, she was so pleased to be part of it!

I am grateful for a chance to serve. And in a tangible, non-casserole way that our whole family could take part in. We will continue to pray for this girl, of course, and I will take in a casserole if they give me a chance. But I am thankful to be in a position to help, to lift, and to do good.

What are you blessed with today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share: