Tuesday, May 24

Skills

Tonight, I had the opportunity of sitting on a tool case and reading out loud to my husband while he patched a hole in a wall.

It wasn't our wall.

As usual, he was using his construction knowledge to help someone who needs it. Since I've hung out with him for so long, I forget that not everyone knows how to build and to fix and to, well, construct. And if they do, they don't necessarily have the tools. He has both. It is such a blessing. I tell my oldest son over and over, "Get useful skills, like your dad! You will never regret the time you spend learning a vocation, no matter what you do when you go to college."

I am grateful for my husband's construction experience, for his ability to do it so well it looks deceptively easy. I am grateful for the tools he has built up over the years that makes his skills that much more effective. More than once, it has been these skills and these tools that have held hearth and home together for us.

What are you blessed with today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share: