Sunday, March 13

Yummy Things

Tonight was Priesthood Preview. Because my husband is the Young Men’s president, and my oldest son is president of the Deacon’s Quorum, both of them were “on duty”. 

So it was just me, the girls, and the little ones.  I knew the men would be getting plenty of goodies at the Priesthood Preview, we decided to make yummy things for ourselves. Plus, it’s sort of a Sunday evening tradition: sugar cravings kick in every Sunday afternoon, so we placate our collective sweet teeth often enough it has become a tradition.

I have an inheritance of amazing recipes. They have come to me from sisters, my mother, friends and neighbors, the Internet. When it comes to making something sweet, the hardest part is choosing. We usually choose cookies. Everyone is a fan of chocolate chip. But we love the oatmeal option, too. And lemon bars. And white cake. And caramel popcorn. And fudge!

I am grateful for yummy things. It’s the main reason I am so soft and fluffy. I am also grateful to be able to cook and bake with my children. I love that they are getting good enough to say, “Mom, can I make cookies?” and then go into the kitchen and do just that. All on their own. I am thankful for self sufficiency. And for good recipes. And for yummy things.

What are you blessed with today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share: