Monday, March 14

Good Idea

The first time I heard of pi parties was from my brother-in-law, who is an uber-gifted computer programmer. The company where he works has a Pi Party every year on March 14 at 1:59 in the afternoon (get it? pi=3.14159, pie party = 03/14 @ 1:59...). Everyone gets together, eats a couple slices of pie, recites pi, and then goes back to work.


I love it so much, I vowed to have my own the next time Pi Day rolled around. Only I didn't have to. Someone else caught wind of the idea, and asked if they could host it. How could I say no? I didn't have to do anything but bring a pie and show up!


We had another Pi/Pie party the next year. And this year, I put the idea out into the Blue Ethereon, just to see if anyone was interested, and sure enough! We had a pie party this afternoon. Good stuff.


I am not very full of original ideas. But I am an idea sponge. I soak up ideas everywhere I go, never knowing when it might come in handy. Not if, but when. Because it does. I love good ideas. I love people who are willing to share. That has to be my favorite part of the Bloggosphere: it's like a world-wide show'n'tell, just waiting for me, and I can peek in on someone else's amazing skills and crafty applications any ol' time.


I am grateful for good ideas, particularly good ideas that help bring people together for a good time, like eating pie! 


What are you blessed with today? (besides pie...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share: