Monday, February 7

Missing Posts

I have not blogged here in a full week. In that time, I have had a lot going on in my head, but not so much going on in my life that I couldn't have stolen a few moments to blog. So, I have been thinking about the purpose of this blog for me.

I considered posting and "back dating" it, so it looked like it was actually posted on the right day, but then I thought, "No, that's not honest." Which lead me to wonder, does it still count for gratitude if I post, but not actually on the day? Of course. I was (am) blessed, and acknowledgment and  my gratitude don't have an expiration date.

Well, then.

I decided to give myself permission to indeed go back and post. And back date it. I will not try to pretend to have that sort of continuity in my life for real, but I like having things organized and streamlined, so it will do my heart good to look at my blog archive all tidy and orderly.

I feel a little silly about my internal dialog. But I really do want to post my moments of gratitude from this past week. And it really is important to me to be honest; even about the real date of my posts.

So, readers be aware: the post you are reading may not actually have been written on the day that particular moment of gratitude was noted, but it will be dated according to said moment of gratitude.

There. I have both assuaged my conscience and gratified my inner librarian. Back dated posts to proceed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share: