Saturday, January 8

I'm Off!

I'm going to the temple, that is.  Have a wonderful Saturday.  I am going to count my blessings all the way to Winter Quarters and back.  I am so thankful for the resources and the opportunity to go.  I love it.

What are you blessed with today?


[UPDATE: Saturday evening, 7:06 pm]

Alright.  It really IS a blessing to be able to go to the temple.  But I think it's also important to be able to get in.  We got up at 5 o'clock in the morning and then drove for a couple of hours for the privilege (and it IS a privilege) to attend the temple.

However, when we got there, it was discovered that I had left my recommend back at home.  One would hope, with this long of a drive, I would check for that before we left the house! I was resigned to my fate, and was settling in the waiting area while Mark went in and did a session.  Not two minutes later, the temple matron walked in, and I thought, "I should tell her, so if someone else needs the spot reserved for me, she can make sure they get it."

Her response was to go get the temple president, who then came to chat with me.  He took my name, and the name of my branch and branch president, and left.  A few minutes more, and he was back, telling me that he had called my branch president, who had vouched for my worthiness to enter the temple.

I got to go TO the temple, and I also got to go IN the temple.  I am grateful for both.  And I will not at all begrudge my branch president the teasing he will most surely give me, for being woken up early Saturday morning on my account.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share: