Saturday, April 23

Giggle Fit

This afternoon at my mother-in-law's Easter Egg Hunt and Soup-n-Rolls dinner, I found myself on "egg filler" duty. I, along with three of my sisters-in-law, holed up in the master bedroom, filling dozens and dozens of plastic eggs with enough goodies to put the entire county into a sugar coma.

I don't know how it started, but we started reminiscing about years past, and our antics as teenagers and little kids. The jokes and good-natured jabs started picking up pace, and pretty soon we were all laughing so hard we  were about to fall off the bed.

Literally. Red-faced, gasping for breath, tears squeezing from our eyes.

It has been a long time since I've had a moment of pure, mad hilarity. I can't remember for the life of me what was so hilarious, or I would share it with you.

I am grateful that, even though I'm in in the "thirtysomething" category, I can still enjoy a giggle fit like a twelve-year-old at a sleepover. I am grateful for my sisters-in-law. I have been so blessed to be friends with them all. I am grateful to live close enough to family to be friends as well.

What are you blessed with today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share: