Tuesday, August 23

Sick as a Dog

I am sick today. Not the hip sort of sick, or the mental type. No, it's the "I don't feel like I've been hit by a Mac truck, but I wish I had been, because then I wouldn't feel anything" kind of sick.

I am not grateful to be sick. Let's just get that out there. Being sick does, however, bring many things into sharp focus that I am grateful for. So I will list them for you here.

I am grateful for my older children, who help run the show while I am down for the count. They cook, the field phone calls, they fetch things, they change diapers, they entertain the wee folk so I can sleep, they even "shush" them up for me while I am sleeping.

I am grateful for my husband, who loves me and pampers me, and feels really, really, really sorry that I am sick.

I am grateful for the people in my life (outside the home) who are concerned for me, and offer to do whatever they can to lift and assist.

I am grateful for good books, that distract me temporarily from my misery.

I am grateful for painkillers.

I am grateful for a comfy bed to curl up in.

I am grateful for sleep, so I can be unaware of being sick for entire blocks of time.

I am grateful for opposition, because if I was always healthy, I wouldn't know how nice it is or appreciate it very much. I hesitate to put that on the list, because I don't want God to think I'm asking for additional opposition in my life. Ready or not!...

I am not grateful to be sick as a dog. I am going to be really grateful to get over this and get on with my life.

What are you blessed with today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share: